Our client, a leading manufacturer of frontline Tipping Bodies & Trailers is seeking an experienced Welder/ Metal Fabricator to join their team!
This great opportunity will involve the following:
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Constructing base templates if necessary.
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, flame cutters, brakes, and shears.
- Double-checking design specifications before commencing with cutting work.
- Fabricating and constructing metal components.
- Grinding and finishing completed products.
- Joining metal sections using various welding techniques
- Performing quality checks on completed products.
- Conforming with state and company safety regulations.
The following requirements are essential to be considered:
- Certified in Engineering – Metal Fabrication or equivalent
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature
- Effective English reading and writing communication skills
- Ability to operate different tools, and to troubleshoot equipment problems
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Physically fit – Able to lift and manipulate large metal objects
- Previous work experience as a metal fabricator
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design and manufacturing procedures
Please only apply if you meet the requirements for this role.