Our client, a leading tipping bodies and trailer manufacturer is looking for an experienced, proactive and trade qualified Hydraulic Technician to join their team.
The Hydraulic Technician will be responsible for repairs and rebuilds of all hydraulic components including pumps, motors, cylinders, valves and hoses.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations and machine settings.
- Fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment.
- Installs hydraulic components onto in house or customer equipment
- Use measuring devices, calculators and myriad hand tools, torque tools and various other tools to service equipment
- Perform onsite maintenance and repair to customers equipment
- Professionally interact with customers to determine service issues
- Provide technical support via multiple communication avenues as necessary to all departments and customers as necessary
- Work closely with Repair Coordinator to ensure efficient and accurate quoting and billing of repair & service work, and repair needs evaluation
- Keep chronological records of service activity to include receiving, evaluation, parts requests, repairs, completions, and tests/certifications
- Diagnose faults and performing operational maintenance of machines and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment.
- May erect machines and equipment on-site.
- Hydraulic hose crimping
- PTO and pump fit-ups
To be considered for this great opportunity, the following are required:
- Australian recognised Automotive or Engineering trade qualification.
- Previous experience working as a component fitter / mechanic
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in hydraulic repairs/rebuilds
- Ability to read schematics, diagrams, and technical charts
- Solid understanding of mechanical and hydraulic principles
- Mechanically inclined
- Basic math and science skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving ability
- Professional and clear written and verbal skill
- Customer service
- Must have full working rights in Australia (Citizen/Permanent Resident)
Only apply if you meet these requirements.