Our client, located in South Western Sydney is a leading manufacturer of front line Tipping Bodies & Trailers.They are looking for a Head Diesel mechanic to join their growing Team.
As the Head Diesel Mechanic you will:
• Evaluate Mechanical Problems in vehicles using diagnostic equipment
• Helps Mechanics evaluate minor mechanical problems, and inspect repairs completed
• Rebuild, replace, or repair major vehicle components, assemblies, and systems including engines, transmissions,
• Check and repair electrical and cooling systems
• Perform routine vehicle maintenance and preventative care.
• Maintain accurate, update preventive maintenance records
• Help train Mechanics
• Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
• Follow established safety procedures and technique to perform job duties
• Ensure shop, equipment, and tools are in safe operating condition.
• Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions
• Maintain accurate records of time and materials required to perform repairs and service though the completion of job
• Coordinate, monitor and direct work to the crew.
In order to be considered you will:
• Be willing to work a 38 hour week plus limited overtime as required
• Have a minimum 5 years work experience in a similar role as a Mechanic
• Self motivated and able to work independently as required
• Ability to diagnose mechanical problems and perform repairs independently
• Ability to lift heavy equipment and vehicle parts
If your looking for that opportunity to progress in your career and work closer to home please APPLY NOW!