About Our Client
Our Client is an Investigations Group that offers a thorough, truly impartial investigation service built on decades of experience and knowledge. Working thoroughly, lawfully and professionally, they are committed to uncovering the facts and establishing the truth. Their complete approach to investigation covers both factual and forensic sides and links them in a cohesive manner. They have an in-depth understanding of legislative, regulatory and industry compliance standards and conduct all investigations in accordance with them.
The Role and Responsibilities
An experienced Fire Investigator is required for a remote role based in Victoria.
As the Fire Investigator you will:
- Responsible for the management and review of all types of forensic fire investigation for the insurance industry
- Investigation of various types of fire and explosion matters.
- Forensic examination of scenes of fire including commercial, residential, burglary, motor vehicle, heavy equipment, arson, liability claims and recovery matters.
- Providing assistance and expert advice in criminal matters.
- Digital scene recording and plan drawings.
- Understanding of fire, science, fire behaviour, chemical analysis applicable in fires with chemical origin
- Delivering high level investigation reports
- Collecting and labelling evidence and maintain the chain of custody.
- Collection of samples for laboratory analysis and testing
- Liaising with lawyers, claims staff from insurance companies
- Conducting interviews with personnel, police, authorities, claimants, witnesses, and industry experts
Requirements – In order to be considered you will have:
- Degree in Forensic Science / Fire Investigations
- Minimum 3 years experience in Fire Investigation
- Certified in Public Safety or equivalent.
- Previous experience as Police or Fire Brigade forensic investigation preferred, not essential
- Memberships and affiliations in Fire Investigation trade
- Highly analytical with high attention to detail
- Committed to excellence.
- Reliable and hardworking
- Logical and inquisitive mind
- Excellent communicator
- Must have full working rights in Australia (permanent resident/ citizen)
This position will operate autonomously and remotely however, being apart of a national team Head Office based in Sydney.